Innovative Seed Grant Program (IGP)
Annoucing the new deadlines for the 2014 Innovative Seed Grant Competition.
1) Grant Submission Deadline: February 21st, 2014
2) Grant Panel Reviews: March 2014
3) Winner Notification: Early April, 2014
In 2006, the Offices of the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Research pooled funds for an annual campus-wide seed grant program intended to stimulate new and exciting areas of research and creative work on the CU-Boulder campus. Since that time, seed grants of up to $50,000 have been awarded to 158 faculty researchers and research teams for research, scholarship, and creative projects that:
involve new interdisciplinary initiatives that take investigators in creative, and sometimes high-risk, high-reward directions including team development proposals for future large team research projects
- have tangible payoffs in terms of future funding, scholarly or artistic impact, or development of new productive collaborations
The projects may take a variety of forms but must represent an investment in the future research, scholarly, or artistic vitality of the university and demonstrate promise for expansion of the project goals in the future. The projects can come from any discipline at the university, with those involving interdisciplinary work that will foster interaction among CU faculty particularly welcome. Consistent with legislative intent and university policy, the state-appropriated operating funds allocated to carry out the role and mission of the institution, and specifically earmarked for the Innovative Seed Grant Program, must be expended solely for the designated purpose.
- Applications for the Innovative Seed Grant Competition Program (IGP) are submitted electronically and reviewed by faculty volunteers.
- Winners will be notified in April, and project funding will be available for use on July 1st of that year and will terminate after 18 months.
- If you have not done so already, please login by clicking the secure login link in the upper right hand corner.
- To submit your application on-line, click on the Create New button in the Seed Grant box to the left that will appear after logging in.
Interested in serving as a reviewer?
- Log in using your University of Colorado user name and identikey.
- Choose the reviewer signup tab.
- Click on one of the following review groups listed. Click on the BLUE name of the review group.
- Click on the blue labeled + Join Group.
Questions or technical difficulties?
- You must be logged in to create or view all IGP submitted content including accessing this year's seed grant proposal form. Once logged in, you can also view previously awarded seed grants. Please login using the same CU login credentials that you would use to access your CU email account to gain access.
- If you are still unsure how to login, go to your email and find your "User Name" and "Password" under "Account Information". These are the correct CU login credentials to enter.
- For technical difficulties, send an email to email@example.com.
- For general questions about the Seed Grant Program, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.